Thursday, September 14, 2006

Emergency pack


My flatmate warned me: being a former special force, he was taking the risks of Kinshasa seriously and decided to share his expertise with me. Even better, he opted for preparing my "grab pack" in case things turn sour. The idea was to have a small bag with all the necessary item for spending up to 3 days with no access to safety, let alone food, water and entertainment...

So there it is:
- 2 packs of instant soup
- 2 packs of porridge ("eadable with cold water... Might taste like shit but keeps you full!")
- 3 cans of veggies + 1 of tuna (cans that don't need an opener...)
- 1 can of halal corned beef (that can be exchanged with other goods)
- dry fruits
- gums
- unbreakable plastic glass
- first aid pack
- Swiss army knife
- flashlight and matches
- ... and tampax (not pictured. "Not only can you save the day of your lady friend who may not be as prepared, a tampax is the best aid for gunshot wounds". Hmmm, would would have thought?)

What was missing? Oh yeah, the bottle of Saint Emilion... But I drank the bottle so I had to buy a new one everyday.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My 'go bag' is 80 liters, and I will be evacuated by SAA a week before second round results. :-)

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home